Hello guys I am doing an internet suicide soon and I must take care of my privacy. My threat model is that someone who I used to know on the internet has decided to stalk me. He is not a hacker but could pay one, who knows?
What’s the best way to make sure I am not being stalked? So far:
– I have switched from Windows to Linux.
– I have deleted every account I had at the time of the incident and resurfaced w/a fake name.
– I changed my emails from mainstream ones to Protonmail
– Soon I’ll get a new phone and a new number.
– I started using super strong passwords now
– I have set any account I make to private
– I have no social media accounts
– Any search results about me on google/other services are vague, only one search result has something with my name, and it’s an account I only used for 2 days back in 2010(!) that has no information on it other than my FIRST name. THAT the stalker already knows.
What to do?
I have torrented some martial art course training (I am using Linux mint). Could this have a virus or it’s Linux + video content anyway?